Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Assistant
The Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse (CADA) is hiring a support person for our Human Resources Department.
Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Business Management
PHR certificate desired
Background and/or experience in Human Resources in a non-profit organization.
Personal Computer skills:
word processing Microsoft Word for Windows, Microsoft Office suite) graphics-Publisher/PowerPoint
Organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge of basic bookkeeping/accounting procedures
Familiarity with Employee Benefit Plans and in particular Health Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan.
Ability to work as a team player on diverse tasks and meet
Good communications skills: both oral and written.
- Evaluate and process recruitment request for personnel, interns and volunteers. Screen resumes, maintain resume log folders, scheduling interviews, processing employment references.
- Place Advertising for open positions with appropriate media. Communicate with Accounting regarding expenses and cost allocations for recruitment.
- Coordinate and track pre-employment requirements.
- Set up/close out and maintain staff personnel files. Relay information to Payroll, timely.
- Enter new hires/changes to the payroll system.
- Process employee changes to benefit plans and coordinate with Payroll.
- Make-up new staff orientation packets.
- Assist with New Staff Orientations.
- Set-up eligible employees in health benefits insurance portal. (Outside Administrator does enrollment – currently providing appropriate documentation to Personnel and Payroll files.)
- Track employee’s licenses, certifications, TB test and CPR-First Aid.
- Maintain Employee Database.
- Assist with tracking and implementing Employee Evaluations.
- Assist with annual health insurance open enrollment.
- Assist with employee terminations. Coordinate Final Time Card and paycheck with Payroll.
- Assemble exit interview packets.
- Develop and maintain interdepartmental communication regarding Personnel changes and relay to payroll if necessary.
- Handle Worker’s Compensation claims, issues, and procedures.
- Maintain OSHA required logs and post as appropriate.
- Answer employee questions about agency benefits.
Compensation $21 - $25 DOE.
This is an in-person position and the candidate would be required to work onsite. CADA requires that all staff who work in person must be vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof will be required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference HR Assistant.