Guest Services Supervisor - Hotel Santa Barbara
We are a charming and historic boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara situated a half-mile from the beach and Stearns Wharf and a block from the Paseo Nuevo outdoor shopping center.
You are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk department and the Housekeeping Department when the Housekeeping Supervisor is not present. You will assign daily tasks to Guest Service Representatives, assist Housekeeping Supervisor with inspection of guest rooms and public areas, and read and restock minibars. You will ensure our guests first impression of the property is memorable. The position is challenging, varied and offers the opportunity to work flexible hours and meet new people.
EVERY DAY, YOU WILL
- Communicate with Guest Services Manager and General Manager to ensure daily operation expectations are being met.
- Communicate with Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams to ensure the property is maintained and guest rooms allow for maximum profitability.
- Maintain positive and efficient work environment
- Train and onboard Guest Service Representative new-hires, including but not limited to Blueprint
- Supervise front desk staff and housekeeping staff, when Housekeeping Supervisor is not preset, to maintain company policies including quality of work, and attitude & cooperation
- Conduct inspection of guest rooms, read and restock minibars in guest rooms with accuracy when Housekeeping Supervisor is not present; be knowledgeable of room cleaning procedures
- Work alongside Guest Services Manager to create and maintain procedures and processes for the Front Desk
- Maintain log of lost and found items with Housekeeping Department
- Willingly assist other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
YOU WILL BE GREAT AT HOTEL SANTA BARBARA IF
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You have excellent communication skills and a professional attitude
- You have effective conflict management and decision making experience
- You are able to multi-task and have attention to detail
- You have the ability to use a variety of computer applications including Office, Outlook and PMS
YOU ARE A VARSITY PLAYER IF
- You have previous experience in customer service
YOU MUST ALSO HAVE
U.S. Work Authorization (required)
We've gathered a few team perks and benefits for all of our players, including: Employee Discounts, Paid Time Off, Training & Development Opportunities, 401K, Medical Benefits, 24/7 Online Care and Pet Insurance.
JOIN OUR TEAM OF EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS!
Geronimo Hospitality Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Job Status: Full-Time